cobalt pet shortwave / mediumwave weblog

19 May 2006

enjoying radio netherlands

I had a half-hour reception of Radio Netherlands tonight with my Eton E5, which I will write about in a future reception report post. Radio Netherlands is excellent for numerous reasons:

* Timely news items
* Several news items which are explained in excellent detail, sometimes including interviews of key persons
* Coverage of Dutch and EU news
* A mix of political and world news along with cultural tidbits and stories
* Excellent reception here in the San Francisco bay area

Radio Netherlands is definitely one of my favorite broadcasters.

Here's a related article that was sent to me via a Google Alert email:
Makeover on Bonaire: Radio Netherlands relay station being refurbished

And if I didn't mention this before, be sure to visit the EuroQuest EuroBlog, published by Radio Netherlands producers Jonathan Groubert and Sarah Johnson.

No comments: