cobalt pet shortwave / mediumwave weblog

12 November 2005

street lights

Before I moved at the end of October, I frequently walked along a bike trail near my apartment while listening to shortwave. A shopping center and a large parking lot were adjacent to the trail. I also spent time listening to my radios in the parking lot because of the lack of interference. At the far corner of the parking lot was a street light that flickered on and off every couple minutes.

Tonight, I took my first shortwave stroll in my new (but familiar) surroundings. After walking through a nearby park and returning to linger at a street corner near home, I noticed the street light above me changing color from white to pink. It then went out, and came back on with white light a short time later.

I appreciate returning to an old routine and duplicating it so precisely!

No comments: