cobalt pet shortwave / mediumwave weblog

14 November 2008

interesting email from cri

A few days ago, I got an interesting email from China Radio International:
How are you? We haven't heard from you for a long time.

We wonder whether you can do us a favor helping to monitor the 1190AM(WBIS), the broadcast time is 1400-1500(Mon.-Fri.) Local time. Thanks in advance.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best wishes,

Yours sincerely,
YingLian
English Service
China Radio International
http://english.cri.cn/
I have written to CRI via email several times with shortwave reception reports and requests for magazine mailings. So, they have my postal address. I'm kind of curious why they would ask me to monitor a mediumwave station that's about 2,500 miles (4,023 km) from my location.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Prolly because CRI programming is relayed on there. WBIS's online sked shows it on Saturdays from 2:00 - 3:00PM Eastern.

Jon