The show was a hosted collection of pop and classic rock songs, several of which I knew and at least two I was able to identify with the Shazam app held up to my radio. Songs I heard and identified:
- Janet Jackson - "Control" (recognized)
- Rocky Burnette - "Tired of Toeing the Line" (shazam)
- Foreigner - "Cold as Ice" (recognized)
- Richard Marx - "Shoulda Known Better" (recognized)
- male announcer: "…four one four UTC"
- unrecognized female singers; someone on #pirateradio said "dixie bitches"
- Credence Clearwater Revival, "Bad Moon Rising" (sounded familiar but used Google to search with the lyrics)
- REM - "Losing My Religion" (recognized)
- unknown synth rock (RTN_6925a said "Johan Timman - Journey Into Human Body")
- echoey male voice: "...two five (perhaps the second half of "6925"?) - Radio True North!"
- Dannii Minogue - "Put the Needle On It" (shazam)
- AC/DC - "You Shook Me All Night Long" (recognized)
During the broadcast, I chatted with both the host and other listeners on irc. Hearing this broadcast was challenging. The noise level for reception within my apartment can be a problem, and the broadcast was very low power. But it was fun all around.
My emailed reception report was confirmed within about a half hour, and I received this electronic QSL about a month later: