cobalt pet shortwave / mediumwave weblog

25 November 2011

the disco palace

While browsing the shortwave schedules published by EiBi and Primetime Shortwave, I saw a station called "Disco Palace" that I didn't recognize. It was marked as a drm transmission, and alas, I don't have a digital radio mondiale (drm) receiver. But I went to their website and found the groovy graphics enticing enough to explore more. I tuned in to their online stream with my music player software, and enjoyed some dance and disco hits from years past.

Anyway, I looked up the frequency for their North American broadcast (only 2000-2100 UTC) on short-wave.info, and found that the transmitter is in French Guiana. The broadcast direction seems favorable for California, but again, without a drm receiver, I have no experience with it.

No comments: