cobalt pet shortwave / mediumwave weblog

10 October 2011

quick longwave test on tecsun pl-310

I loaded a set of alkaline batteries into my Tecsun PL-310, and took notice of the LW label on the MW/LW button. Time to check the Montague Airport morse code beacon on 404 kHz!

Without the telescopic whip extended or an external wire antenna attached, the MOG morse code signal came in loud and clear. The beacon is at an airport in Montague, California; 280 miles from me.

Pushing the numeric buttons on this radio is a hassle. When it works, there's such a long delay that I almost forget what frequency I'm trying to enter. And when it doesn't work, I have to wait a couple seconds, realize that it didn't work, and try again. Tecsun, it's called responsiveness.

2 comments:

Shortwave_America said...

Weatherall, you had the correct answer and have won the Shortwave America DVD+R! Please e-mail us so we can get you your prize!

weatherall said...

Thanks; done.