cobalt pet shortwave / mediumwave weblog

28 March 2007

assorted shortwave reception notes

WBCQ

I've only had weak, noisy receptions of WBCQ this month. Sigh.

Cuba

Radio Havana Cuba is currently broadcasting in English to North America on 6180 khz, and it sounds great here. I believe this is the strongest reception I've had of RHC inside my current apartment. I'm using my battery-powered Eton E5 without an additional antenna.

There's a good signal on 6000 khz as well. The signal is weaker on 6060 khz. None of the other listed frequencies (9550, 9600, 11760 khz) are working for me at the moment - they each have a weak signal with a lot of noise.

Slovakia

I tried to pick up Radio Slovakia this past weekend on 7230 and 9440 khz - no luck there.

Asia

I haven't heard from NHK Radio Japan lately; China Radio International signals are weak; and Radio Taiwan International comes in well but they sure have toned down their accusations against China recently.

No comments: