cobalt pet shortwave / mediumwave weblog

09 October 2005

pirate radio show

Hopefully someone will read this and know what I'm talking about. Sometime during August or September, I was listening to 5850 khz and heard a radio show that was about pirate shortwave broadcasting. It included a recording of a pirate broadcast in New Zealand. The best guess I could make for the time of day would be sometime during 0000-0500 UTC. I'm pretty sure it wasn't World of Radio as the broadcast I heard was entirely focused on pirate radio.

If anyone recognizes which show this might be, I'd love to know more!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It might be Ragnar's Pirates Week:
http://odeo.com/channel/32781/view/

--Paul
mediageek.org

weatherall said...

Thanks! I will listen to that when I get a chance and see if it's the same one. Either way, this looks like something I'd like anyway.